Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homeschool organization project!!

BEFORE......


I couldn't stand looking at brown walls and brown furniture anymore....i mean it was driving me crazy!! So i went into the garage looking for some paint and it ended up being a light blue color and i went to town...didn't even trim or anything bc i knew i would change it but i just couldn't look at brown any more....i also painted my brown bookcase white...but the problem was that it just wasnt enough storage. No matter how i organized with what i had, there was still piles of stuff laying around and i just couldn't stand it.



Here are the piles of stuff i just didn't know what to do with. I just didnt have room in high enough spaces where the boys wouldn't find their way to paint and craft supplies i didn't want them getting into. This drove kevin crazy, having all this stuff in the kitchen!

AFTER.....
We went to ikea(in LOVE) and bought some expidit shelves and i bought a gallon of grayish with a hint of blue paint and painted my table black. Sorry for the glare....but i like it so far. I am trying to figure out what i should do with the chairs or if i should just leave them. i would love the look of white chairs but it is NOT going to happen with my VERY MESSY, prone to stains little boys!!!



1 comment:

Heather Schlender said...

I think you should paint the chairs black, too! Or maybe dark gray for a bit of contrast...