Tuesday, August 2, 2011

SUMMER is OVER!

Okay....I know everyone on the planet loves summer. I actually use to like it when I lived in the mountains and it got into the 60's or below at night. I loved sleeping with the windows open and driving around with my windows down. That was then and this is now....I live in south Georgia and its pretty miserable here in the summer, unless you are at the beach or by the pool or in some form of water. You just want to run from your airconditioned car to an airconditioned building as quickly as possible. Even my kids beg to go inside. And don't forget about the humidity that completly knocks you over. I also don't understand the humidity percentages, because 95% humididty here is completely different than 95% humidity in other places. I mean, REALLy?
And then there is the fact that my husband is a Student minister and basically works 24/7 the entire summer. I love the students so much and i totally love the fact they are home and i get to actually spend time with them other than sundays and wednesdays....but the activities are killer on family. I hardly took any pictures this summer. Me and the boys met my parents at Mrtyle Beach but i was sick as a Dog the whole time! I am telling you, it was a hard summer.

So the reason for the asbsence of posts was that i was and have been in complete survival mode.

i am three weeks into homeschooling and loving it and we are all loving the routine. I am doing all sorts of stuff for homeschool. Since i am newbie, i feel like it is trial and error at this point. I used abeka preschool for say welll....all of three months last year and hated it....so i am on an adventure to find what works best for us.

Here are some of the pics that were taken in late august/early september:







No comments: