Friday, September 9, 2011

UK boys!



Okay so summer was really hard on me this year for many reasons. But I got to meet this lady named Kris at camp. I really just don't know what to think of her? She was one of the most encouraging people I have ever met. She wasn't full of crap either, she was full of the Holy Spirit and so geniune, you just wanted to constantly be around her.

It was funny because she and her group were from Kentucky (and were Uk fans and not Louisville fans) and so we had an imediate bond since the love of my life is obsessed with Kentucky basketball. Anyway, one day I wore the only Kentucky shirt to my name in honor of them to the worksite. I told them this was just about the only UK garb you could find anywhere within a 200 mile radias. I told Chris how we bought a $25 pacifier for Elijah when he was born via internet and that we just couldn't find much Uk stuff at all and ordering it was just too expensive. Anyway, she took down my name and address and said she would send something Uk for the boys. I thought, well that is sweet, but didn't really think it would amount to anything since so many people say those kinda things. WELL wouldn't you know it...she actually did! AND sent me some really cool make-up too. Wow! That really blew me away....such a blessing to me and my family....and oh my goodness are the men in my house proud wearers of the Kentucky blue.

Lord, can I please be like Kris? I don't want to have an empty heart and do good deeds, I want my heart to overflow with your Spirit and Love so much so that it is only natural to think of others and not myself.


No comments: