Saturday, October 1, 2011

Star Wars WEEK: a solute to all us nerds!

DISCLAIMER: ok, so my kids NEVER wear clothes. They sport the undies 24/7. I mean, seriously, it's pretty hot here all the time, and they wear clothes when we leave the house, but I am telling you, they tear off their clothes as soon as they walk in the door, before I can lay my purse and keys down. So.... there it is. One day I guess I will make them, but for now not worth the fight.

Alrighty...so here is the most fun week we have had in school. I stole everything as far as I know and I will site everything I can remember, so none of this is mine. Most of the printables I found here.
My boys knew it was going to be something special when they saw their new name tags. I found these cute printables here. ART. Elijah's starfighter.

Mearuring lightsabers


Phonics. In the printables there was also a story about Luke and his friends that Elijah enjoyed reading. Oh and the boys LOVED all the books I got from the library on star wars.
Lego Star Wars, my boys are in love:)
READ. BUILD. WRITE.
Tracing Letters. I had also found some Star Wars Clone WARs puzzles on clearance to go along with our theme.

Starfighter math. The printables for math were too easy for Elijah, so I made some extra starfighters and we did lots of addition. If Elijah got it right, he got to blast me with a blaster. If he got it wrong I got to blast him with the blaster. HE LOVED!

Beware of the DARK side. I Peter 5:8

Starfighter snack time. Graham crackers, marshmellow and peanut butter.

Best craft project EVER! We all had so much fun doing this. I bought a lego mini-figurine ice tray and made salt dough recipe and painted away. This was literally hours of fun!! We had checked out the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary from the library and tried to copy the figurines we wanted. I found this craft project here.





Elijah had earned a new leapster explorer game(Star WARs) and we bought a new clone war tag book to go with it for the coopster. So there it is in all its random nerdiness. There was so much to do and we will be this one again next year as I build our star wars collection.
Also this was a great Idea that I loved but the boys were just not old enough yet. Next year! This lapbook.

No comments: