Thursday, October 27, 2011

What I am presently reading.

I was reading The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokov. I stopped over half way through. Decent book about WW2 Generation. I love reading biographies of people in WW2, however this collection of very small biographies was lacking for me. I think Brokovs purpose was to demonstrate how the people of that generation were able to accomplish so much through heroic decisions big and small and how they take nothing for granted (unlike the generations that follow). It's the kind of book that makes you proud to be an American and proud to have the heritage of these amazing men and women. I guess my only complaint was that the short biographies were too short:) oh well, I will just stick to my 500+ page biographies. If you haven't read Boenhoffer's biography, you are missing out! You can read about this amazing book here.

Two books that I am presently reading and enjoying are:

No Ordinary Home by Carol Brazo
http://www.amazon.com/No-Ordinary-Home-Christ-Centered-Homemaking/dp/0880707445


For the Sake of the Children by Susan Schaeffer, wife of Francis Schaeffer.
http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Sake-Foundations-Education-Child-Life/dp/089107290X

No comments: